Duration : 6 days
Itinerary : Tehran, Polour Village, Goufsand Sara, Mt Damavand, Tehran
- Day 1: Arrive Tehran – Check-in to your hotel and meet in the afternoon to prepare for the next day’s departure for Mt Damavand climb.
- Day 2: Camp 1 – Polour Village or Camp 2 – Gosfand Sara (3040m) – After breakfast drive from Tehran along the Damavand Road to Camp 1 Polour Village where we can rest or continue to Gosfand Sara Camp 2 located at an altitude of 3040m and overnight. (B, L, D)
- Day 3: Base Camp 3 Bargah Sevom (4220m) – The climb starts in the morning takes us up to the Base Camp 3 Bargah Sevom shelter set up for climbers. The rest of the day is used to acclimatise to the altitude. (B, L, D)
- Day 4: Mt Damavand Peak (5671m) / Camp 2 (3040m) – The day is spent climbing to the peak, stopping along the way to enjoy the scenery of the surrounding of the Alborz mountain range. We return in the afternoon back to Camp 2 for the night. (B, L, D)
- Day 5: Camp 1 Polour Village / Tehran – Climbing down from Camp 2 we stop for lunch at a local village and then drive back to Tehran. (B, L, D)
- Day 6: Tehran and Depart – After breakfast you are free to depart anytime. (B)
Note: For experienced climbers the Mt Damavand ascent can be made in a shorter period a time eliminating the need to overnight at the Camp 2 Shelter.